Saturday, June 9, 2018

Friends Indeed

G'day again, everybody. How are we? I have been somewhat challenged with my mental health over the past two weeks and so was unable to post here. Did you miss me? I'm fine now, but sometimes I go off the tracks somewhat and do not live at peak mental health, as I normally do. Anyway, today we are up to the thirty-fifth story in Aberrant Selected, entitled, 'Simply Unable.' The beginning of this tale is based on actual events, events that I found very distressing at the time. Basically, the story starts off with some young people high on LSD, having a good time in a pub, when one young lady desperately begins sobbing, but quietly, and asking to be taken home. I was sitting next to this young lady and, as I was at this stage still in a psychotic state, I thought she was asking me to take her back to my place. For what purpose you can probably guess. I was not interested though in taking her home because her quiet crying confused me. To be frank, I didn't know what to do. The others at the table, all high on acid and joking around, didn't give a stuff. If that young lady had become irrevocably insane none of the bastards would have given a toss. And I still, over two decades later, feel guilty for not helping this lass. But I excuse myself on the grounds that I was at the height of psychosis at the time, and thus barely able to look after even myself.
     'Simply Unable' is my response to this trauma, and is a fiction developed from the real events that open the story. I hope the young lady is okay. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment