Saturday, June 23, 2018

Wildly Traveling

Well, g'day again, everyone. Here in Sydney we have had the shortest day of the year, the psychological point where my winter ends. It's been a mildish winter anyway. But, to business. Today I will tell you why I wrote the thirty-sixth story in Aberrant Selected, entitled, Where to Go? Essentially, this story I wrote for one of my cousins, Michael Fitzpatrick, who was out here in Sydney, from Ireland, working, two or three years ago. I am myself Irish, and the happiest time in my life still remains the year and a half that I lived in Ireland, from the age of twelve. I am now aged forty-six. Thus, this story was dedicated to Mick in homage of those wonderful times.
     I also wrote this story to explore the planet a bit more in which Aus (Australia in a parallel Universe, the setting of most of the stories in Aberrant) is situated. Thus, the main character, Michael Pearse, travels overseas for a bit, whilst at the same time being homeless. I drew upon some of my experiences with homelessness to describe Michael Pearse's overseas, homeless adventure. It was an easy story to write, and I really enjoyed traveling to other parts of my fictional Earth. In fact, I liked the traveling so much that I may even do some more traveling on the real Earth. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment