Sunday, June 4, 2017

A Past Time

Well, everybody, we are now up to the tenth story in Aberrant Selected, entitled, Raising Fire. This story I wrote for the sole purpose of talking about one of the significant voices that I used to hear in my head, Father Time, or, as I called him back when I was hearing voices in my head, Lord Time. When I first began hearing these voices I thought I had come into telepathic contact with The Gods, and Lord Time was one of the Gods in the forefront of this menagerie.
     Lord Time was a difficult God and he was always challenging me in way way or another. There was one night, whilst I was in the locked ward of Rozelle Psychiatric Hospital, where he challenged me to slit my wrists, in concert with him. The first one to drop from loss of blood would be the sad loser, allowing the other to crow eternally. I accepted Lord Time's challenge but when I told him that I had no razor blade he said that that was okay, we'd just both slit our wrists with our thumbnails. As I couldn't draw blood with my nail the challenge was soon over and a stalemate declared.
     This was just one of the many, many crazy things that I would be involved in with Lord Time, and, when I entered a full remission with my paranoid schizophrenia, decided to fondly use him as a character. I presented him well in Raising Fire, although in real life, and like I said, he was perpetually challenging me in one form or another.
     These days I no longer have voices in my head that only I can hear but I often reminisce about Lord Time. Sure he tended to be cruel towards me, like the other Gods, but he and they were all being cruel to be kind. Still, I am very glad I no longer have to put up with his harassment. Yet another reason to take my meds on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment