Saturday, June 17, 2017

In Search of Love

Now, everybody, we are up to the twelfth story in Aberrant Selected, entitled, Narcissus Loved Again. And in case you're wondering, there are forty-five stories in the collection.
     Narcissus Loved Again is my personal favourite from the collection and I wrote it just for fun. It tells the story of Narcissus awaking in Paradise and of how he settles in There. Naturally, being set in Paradise, God is a character, and Him and Narcissus get along very well.
     The story was also written to briefly explore the last great sexual taboo of Western society, that of self-love. God, in this story, is shown to be a very loving Character, even to the point of being genuinely flattered when Narcissus makes a pass at Him. But as to Narcissus' self-love, and God's attitude to such, that I will leave as a surprise.
     Not only is this story my personal favourite from the collection but it is very high among the personal favourites from all of my short stories that I have written over the past three decades. The best part I like about it is the ending. I gave it to a friend to read several years ago and she thought it was absolutely excellent, confirming my own extreme liking for the story. I am sure that you too will like it very much also.

No comments:

Post a Comment