Saturday, July 21, 2018

A Unique Flower

Well, g'day again, everyone. Been well? I have been my usual chipper self, even though the past two weeks have been colder than I had expected, having virtually declared the end of winter, here in Sydney, during my last post. Anyway, now we are up to the thirty-eighth story in Aberrant Selected, entitled, A Very Unique Flower. This story was a lot of fun to write, and I wrote it to have a flower as the main character, but a flower that is not at all nice.
     The story though was also a bit difficult to write as I had to logically explain a sentient flower. I'm sure though that I did a good job on the tale.
     The story was also one of those that began life from a randomly chosen quote, this time from Hans Christian Andersen. The quote concerned suggests the usual nice flower, all concerned with hippy ideals. Descending from this noble high to utter carnage was also very fun, and corrupting Andersen's poor flower made me smile throughout most of the writing of the tale.
     Anyway, A Very Unique Flower is the only time, or one of the few times, that I have reveled in destruction while writing a story, and I think the result is very fine. Let me know what you think when you read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment