Saturday, May 6, 2017

In Being Noble

This week I will tell you all why I wrote the sixth story in Aberrant Selected. The tale is entitled In Being Noble. The story is actually a protest, but not a protest against the mainstream, or against anything that the concerned left winger protests about. Rather it is a protest against anarchists. Let me explain.
     Shortly before I became homeless for five years I lived in a share house with an anarchist collective, who dubbed themselves Vibe Tribe. This collective thought they could restore sense to the planet by organising raves, the subsequent good vibes steadily bringing in world peace. I moved into that share house with a friend, whom I will name Stanley Nilsson, and Stanley's brother, David (not his real name), moved in a little while after I did. David was the opposite of every member of Vibe Tribe; he was a suit, working for the Man, and fully engaged in the capitalist system.
     On the fridge of that house was a roster for everybody's household chores and, as there was another David in the house, David Nilsson was referred to on the roster as 'David suit.' I thought at the time that this description was absolutely abominable, dehumanising, and not concomitant with the wider anarchist ideals. David is a human being, with emotions, and aspirations, not something inanimate that can be easily walked over. Sure he was working for the Man, but he was just a pawn in the wider capitalist scheme of things, a fact which Vibe Tribe simply did not take into account in thus dismissing him and his humanity. Thus I wrote In Being Noble as a protest against how David was treated, and to highlight the hypocrisy of the average anarchist.
     Another thing I should mention, which was also a reason for the creation of In Being Noble, is that shortly after I had moved in with Vibe Tribe I was beginning to develop symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia. Vibe Tribe's response to this was to forceably evict me from the house, literally throwing me out into the streets while they called the police to assist in my eviction. To this day, even though I still hold anarchist views, I am very bitter against all anarchists, their anarchist uniform, and their hypocrisy. Let's hope members of Vibe Tribe read the story and are duly remorseful.

No comments:

Post a Comment