Saturday, July 1, 2017

A Funny Thing

Change continues apace. Now we are up to the fourteenth story, on another typically cold, Sydney winter day. At least it's bright. Anyway, the fourteenth story is entitled, A Momentous Epiphany, and I wrote it simply to give an unexpected wrench, not a twist, to a common saying. In this case, absence makes the heart grow fonder.
     As is common with my more romantic stories, this story draws on real life experiences with my desired belle, Elizabeth, and as a result all of my romances tend to be very similar. But I make no apologies for this as I write largely for therapeutic purposes. Writing about Elizabeth helps a lot.
     To the story at hand, though. When I was teasing out this saying, unwinding it in order to recast it anew, I was greatly surprised at how logical the whole thing was to reshape. How rational. For this reason, I suggest you not try the logic at home. Even I'm wary of it. The story though is just meant to be a bit of  fun, and I have been told that the very last line is very funny and piquant.
     There are a few such stories in Aberrant, stories written just for fun, and I still have fond memories of writing them. I love being a writer.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment