Saturday, September 10, 2016

My Dear Elizabeth

There are quite a few female characters in Aberrant Selected that have very similar names. These names are all based upon the one name, Elizabeth Bell, and I guess I should tell you a little bit about her.
     We were housemates together in Chippendale, an inner city suburb of Sydney, and she had just moved into the house. The very first time I met her she had entered the living room where there were a few friends sitting around and talking, and she looked eager to make friends, as well as looking like a fish out of water. I felt sorry for her and did my best to make her feel at home. Eventually I fell madly in love with her, because she fulfilled my criteria of the ideal girlfriend: a beautiful, young artist. She likewise responded but romantic overtures made to me always make me feel threatened, so the mutual courting was a stressful affair. Naturally, things didn't work out and in fact spectacularly blew up in my face, resulting in a very acrimonious parting, and my experiencing homelessness for five years, although this homelessness was also wilfully chosen.
     Writing about Elizabeth these days, in various permutations of her name, is the closest I can get to her and I very much enjoy such writing. I have also published a story about her, Bygones Beth, at www.shortstoriesclub.com and if you wish to read my version of the tale that lead to the vicious parting just cut and paste the following link into your browser: http://www.shortstoriesclub.com/search?q=Bygones+Beth I am also in contact with an Elizabeth Bell on Facebook Messenger and I am fairly sure that it is the Elizabeth that I love, the only woman that I will ever love, but so far I've been doing all of the talking. All the details look right but she doesn't have her photo as an avatar. And, by the way, if any of you out there know Elizabeth ask her to please, please, please contact me at viearus@gmail.com so that we can get together and healthily tame our mutual demon. I live in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment